Welcome to Lillymagic's Blog

Lillymagic Designs has been a dream in progress for many years. A dream to use my varied skills and hobbies to make a living doing what I love; making crazy quilt handbags.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Your Perfect Bag Will Find You


I was reading in a wonderful little book this morning, Life Lessons Learned While Shopping by Amanda Ford. It is a book I bought on a shim years ago, because the price was reduced and it seemed interesting. I have read it many times over. I reminded me something I've known to be true, but sometimes forget...

Years ago, before I began making my own purses, there was a particular designer I loved. I could no bring myself to pay the high price tag; however, when I found one of his bags on sale (clearance with an additional 40% off was my favorite), I was overjoyed. Now the flaw with this thinking was that when I didn't find what I thought was a good price, a bought a cheaper purse. I was unhappy with the cheaper purse and bought another in a short time. The point is I ended up spending more money on inexpensive purses I was not happy with. Keep these points in mind:


  • Think quality over quantity

  • Wait for sales

  • Absolutely look in outlets, thrift or consignment stores, you might get lucky

  • Give yourself permission to dream of what you want

  • It's OK to take time to think about a large purchase-sleep on it

When I was younger, My Aunt was my shopping partner. We often went to lunch to think about a purchase. When we made up our minds we reminded ourselves it what we wanted was still there, it was meant to be. I've since learned that if it's not, there is something better waiting for me. Don't worry, your perfect bag will find you.

No comments: