Welcome to Lillymagic's Blog

Lillymagic Designs has been a dream in progress for many years. A dream to use my varied skills and hobbies to make a living doing what I love; making crazy quilt handbags.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

About Lillymagic Desings

Lillymagic Designs has been a dream in progress for many years. A dream to use my varied skills and hobbies to make a living doing what I love; making crazy quilt handbags.
Our lives are a continual learning process. The skills I use to crate my handbags were taught to me as a child by my grandmother, such as embroidery, crocheting and sewing. I continued these hobbies into adulthood and dreamed of making a living using them. I just didn’t know what to make!
Upon inheriting my grandmothers sewing machine and while working on my first project, a pair of purple calico overalls, I awoke each morning excited to begin sewing. This lead me to enroll in fashion design courses, “just for fun.” I especially loved pattern making.
Several years later, while staying home with my children, I found myself in need of a wedding present. Being short on cash, I thought deeply about what I could do. Silk fabric scraps, embroidery and vintage lace lead to the creation of a beautiful handbag for my dear friend to carry on her special day. The encouragement of my friends lead me to the realization of what I wanted to make.
After experimenting with various patterns and techniques, I happened upon crazy quilting. I found my true passion.
Join me in my journey and be blessed along yours.

No comments: